The following is a partial listing of the "Special Collections -- Local History and Genealogy" room of the Sequoyah Regional Library branch in Jasper, Georgia.
Census Records (on microfilm)
Pickens County 1870
Church Records (on microfilm)
Minutes from the following local churches: Hopewell Baptist, Jasper Baptist Association, Jasper First Baptist, Jasper Methodist Missionary Society, Marble Hill Baptist, Salem Baptist, Town Creek Baptist, United Baptist Church of Christ...scattered dates.
Court Records (on microfilm)
Various early court house records from Cherokee, Gilmer and Pickens Counties
1854 through 1936.
Civil War Service Records from various Georgia regiments, Confederate Pension Rolls, and on reel of World War I Service Records.
- Lost Marriage Records: 'Book B' of Pickens County Marriage Records -- this is not available at the Court House!
- Cherokee Indians Letters, Talks and Treaties: 1786-1838
- Letters on Cherokee Boundary: 1829
- Roll of five civilized trives: Cherokee
- Index to Grants 1832--Cherokee County Lottery--Gold--Section I
- Georgia Mortality Schedule: 1850
- Pickens County Mortality Schedule: 1860-1880
- Slave Schedules: Cherokee County-1850, Gilmer County-1850
- Agriculture Schedules: Cherokee County-1850, Gilmer County-1850
- "Genealogy" -- contains article by Bob Davis titled "Researching Your Pickens County Roots", among other things
- "Pickens County, Georgia - History" -- Contains many clippings, articles and pictures on the history of the county
The Sequoyah Regional Library, serving Cherokee, Pickens and Gilmer Counties, now has their card catalog on-line.
...updated February 24, 2002